Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REAL RACING STARTS FROM A DIG!

Latest topics

» Let's start this page back up
Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 12:57 am by srtslo

» Slow 4door truck wantin to play
Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:10 am by XplicitPerformance

» Track King of Houston1320.com
Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:49 pm by White90GT

» New guy here
Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:07 am by XplicitPerformance

» Newbie here!
Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:22 pm by TxCatfish

» Any ideas?
Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 pm by BT03Mach-1

» Where's everybody at ?
Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 pm by TxCatfish

» Looks like rain...
Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 pm by XplicitPerformance

» Another noob
Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:59 pm by TxCatfish

Top posting users this week

No user

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 123 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:49 am

5 posters

Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long?

Poll

What TV to buy?

[ 0 ]
    Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? Bar_left0%Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? Bar_left100%Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? Bar_right [100%] 

Total Votes: 2
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? Empty Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long?

Post by XplicitPerformance Sun May 22, 2011 3:45 pm

I am looking for a pair of TV's for our new house. Looking for a 55'' for my living room and a 46 or so for my Game room. I currently have a Sony 26'' which is my oldest TV and it works like a charm. I also have a 32'' Samsung LCD that has been a great TV so far. My 46'' LG however is the middle tv when it comes to age and it has given me problems. I think an LG is the last on my list of considerations. So post up what kind you have and how long you have had it.
    lane_change
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? Empty Re: Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long?

Post by lane_change Sun May 22, 2011 5:54 pm

I have 3 Samsung LCD's in my house. I've had them for about 2 years now and have had zero issues. I did start off with a 55" Plasma for my media room, but the screen just popped one day and it took about 2 months of dealing with Best Buy and Samsung to get it squared away. I have also been running Samsung Blu-Ray players in each room and they have been the biggest pieces of shit, replaced one of them twice and replaced another one once. I would go LED if I was shopping for new ones again, LED had just came out when I bought mine and the price was not worth it to me for the slightly better picture quality and the thinner casing. I wanted Plasma for the movie room for the darker blacks, but I've been more impressed with my LCD's than I was with my Plasma when it was working. But it comes down to the TV model...cheap Wal-Mart stuff with low MHz and such will not compare with top of the line models from the same company. I spent a lot of time researching which model to buy at that time, but my shit would be far outdated by now. I still vote for LCD unless you have a 100% dark room for a media room and don't have to worry about the glare...then you just have to hope that the screen lasts.
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? Empty Re: Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long?

Post by XplicitPerformance Sun May 22, 2011 11:01 pm

lane_change wrote:I have 3 Samsung LCD's in my house. I've had them for about 2 years now and have had zero issues. I did start off with a 55" Plasma for my media room, but the screen just popped one day and it took about 2 months of dealing with Best Buy and Samsung to get it squared away. I have also been running Samsung Blu-Ray players in each room and they have been the biggest pieces of shit, replaced one of them twice and replaced another one once. I would go LED if I was shopping for new ones again, LED had just came out when I bought mine and the price was not worth it to me for the slightly better picture quality and the thinner casing. I wanted Plasma for the movie room for the darker blacks, but I've been more impressed with my LCD's than I was with my Plasma when it was working. But it comes down to the TV model...cheap Wal-Mart stuff with low MHz and such will not compare with top of the line models from the same company. I spent a lot of time researching which model to buy at that time, but my shit would be far outdated by now. I still vote for LCD unless you have a 100% dark room for a media room and don't have to worry about the glare...then you just have to hope that the screen lasts.

Nah I chose for the 4th car garage instead of the theatre room. I don't watch enough TV to really justify an LED but the 55'' LCD's seem to be up there in price with the LED's. My brother has a 55'' LED Samsung 6 series that he spent like 3k on when it first came out. The picture is bad ass but I don't know if I would spend that kind of coin on a TV. I think the model he has is down to 2200$ or so now but still. I can buy two LCD's for that price and be perfectly fine with the picture. I am definitely not buying from Walmart. Although I have been hearing good things from Vizio but not sure how the longevity of the TV is.
    lane_change
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by lane_change Sun May 22, 2011 11:43 pm

XplicitPerformance wrote:Nah I chose for the 4th car garage instead of the theatre room. I don't watch enough TV to really justify an LED but the 55'' LCD's seem to be up there in price with the LED's. My brother has a 55'' LED Samsung 6 series that he spent like 3k on when it first came out. The picture is bad ass but I don't know if I would spend that kind of coin on a TV. I think the model he has is down to 2200$ or so now but still. I can buy two LCD's for that price and be perfectly fine with the picture. I am definitely not buying from Walmart. Although I have been hearing good things from Vizio but not sure how the longevity of the TV is.

What neighborhood did you build/buy in to get a 4 car garage? I agree about the LCD vs. LED price comparison, I would choose the cheaper option personally.
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Sun May 22, 2011 11:49 pm

lane_change wrote:
    XplicitPerformance wrote:Nah I chose for the 4th car garage instead of the theatre room. I don't watch enough TV to really justify an LED but the 55'' LCD's seem to be up there in price with the LED's. My brother has a 55'' LED Samsung 6 series that he spent like 3k on when it first came out. The picture is bad ass but I don't know if I would spend that kind of coin on a TV. I think the model he has is down to 2200$ or so now but still. I can buy two LCD's for that price and be perfectly fine with the picture. I am definitely not buying from Walmart. Although I have been hearing good things from Vizio but not sure how the longevity of the TV is.

What neighborhood did you build/buy in to get a 4 car garage? I agree about the LCD vs. LED price comparison, I would choose the cheaper option personally.

Bentwood @ Bay Colony in League City. The 3rd bay is 2 cars deep but it is the only one like it in the neighborhood. We looked around and they were the only builder who would do it for us.

Which LCD/Plasma TV do you have and how long? 249264_226417054041068_100000183243959_1084854_1648918_n

this is how it looks today. We should be closing in the next 60 days or so.
    lane_change
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by lane_change Sun May 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Nice....should be a nice feeling. I stupidly fucked myself with the garage aspect of my house. We found a builder (Coventry) who we will be going with for our next house in a couple years. They have a fairly nice model that we like that I can opt into a 5 car garage with raised ceilings for a lift. I did not have my Z06 when we built this house so I didn't really care...now I live here and I regret it every day.
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Mon May 23, 2011 12:19 am

lane_change wrote:Nice....should be a nice feeling. I stupidly fucked myself with the garage aspect of my house. We found a builder (Coventry) who we will be going with for our next house in a couple years. They have a fairly nice model that we like that I can opt into a 5 car garage with raised ceilings for a lift. I did not have my Z06 when we built this house so I didn't really care...now I live here and I regret it every day.

yeah we almost backed out and went another route due to cost of the house but in the end we figured buying a smaller house than building a shop would put us around the same if not more in cost. The garage roofs are higher than most but not high enough for a lift (I don't think). The wife wanted a 4 car garage more than I did though.
    Hellraiser
    Hellraiser
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by Hellraiser Mon May 23, 2011 1:15 pm

scratch A HOUSE OF STICKS? Plasma all day! I have a couple but the main one is a Pioneer! I'ts 3-4 years old and I have no problems at all!
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Mon May 23, 2011 1:18 pm

Hellraiser wrote: scratch A HOUSE OF STICKS? Plasma all day! I have a couple but the main one is a Pioneer! I'ts 3-4 years old and I have no problems at all!

yeah the rest is on lay away. For now we just sleep in rain coats.

Pioneer? I didn't know they made LCD TV's.
    Hellraiser
    Hellraiser
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by Hellraiser Mon May 23, 2011 1:25 pm

XplicitPerformance wrote:
    Hellraiser wrote: scratch A HOUSE OF STICKS? Plasma all day! I have a couple but the main one is a Pioneer! I'ts 3-4 years old and I have no problems at all!

yeah the rest is on lay away. For now we just sleep in rain coats.

Pioneer? I didn't know they made LCD TV's.

Pioneer Plasma! Ill look it up and post it for you!
    Hellraiser
    Hellraiser
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by Hellraiser Mon May 23, 2011 1:30 pm

I have the 50" this is the one you need! 60"

http://shopping.yahoo.com/30069231-60-plasma-tv Twisted Evil
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Mon May 23, 2011 1:37 pm

damn 10 grand and its not even 1080P LOL

I would just buy a samsung LED for that price. I don't watch TV enough for that kind of money. I am leaning towards a 55'' for the living room. Maybe a 50'' for the game room.
    Hellraiser
    Hellraiser
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by Hellraiser Mon May 23, 2011 2:08 pm

XplicitPerformance wrote:damn 10 grand and its not even 1080P LOL

I would just buy a samsung LED for that price. I don't watch TV enough for that kind of money. I am leaning towards a 55'' for the living room. Maybe a 50'' for the game room.

I use a Projection in the game room works gtood and saves room! I don't watch tomuch tv im always doing something outside!
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Mon May 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Hellraiser wrote:

I use a Projection in the game room works gtood and saves room! I don't watch tomuch tv im always doing something outside!

Been thinking about that too. I am not sure how a projector is though. Do you like yours? I need something that doesnt take up space cause we have a pool table/bar going in the game room.
    x TX OuTLawZ x
    x TX OuTLawZ x
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by x TX OuTLawZ x Mon May 23, 2011 11:48 pm

My bro.has had a 47" vizio for 3years and going I believe
    Hellraiser
    Hellraiser
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by Hellraiser Tue May 24, 2011 8:15 am

XplicitPerformance wrote:
    Hellraiser wrote:

Been thinking about that too. I am not sure how a projector is though. Do you like yours? I need something that doesnt take up space cause we have a pool table/bar going in the game room.

all you need is a white wall or a pull down screen, you hang the projector on the ceiling. We have the sony 3lcd works good and save room

http://www.become.com/sony-3lcd
    lane_change
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by lane_change Tue May 24, 2011 8:27 am

The quality of a projector depends a lot on the screen....a projector against a wall will look terrible. White screens are even a bit ho-hum when it comes to color quality because the richer colors are not deep enough, so people will go with a silver screen which will not darken the brights but will absorb the color and allow for a deeper black and such. I would only do a projector if I had a movie room that could use a 200" screen and seat 8-10 people and be completely dark.
    Hellraiser
    Hellraiser
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by Hellraiser Tue May 24, 2011 11:21 am

lane_change wrote:The quality of a projector depends a lot on the screen....a projector against a wall will look terrible. White screens are even a bit ho-hum when it comes to color quality because the richer colors are not deep enough, so people will go with a silver screen which will not darken the brights but will absorb the color and allow for a deeper black and such. I would only do a projector if I had a movie room that could use a 200" screen and seat 8-10 people and be completely dark.

or like this I guess! I use a white screen but I dont use it much maybe thats why but it saves space!
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Tue May 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Well do you have to have the lights out for the projector?
    svtpops
    Staging Lanes
    Staging Lanes

Post by svtpops Mon May 30, 2011 3:10 pm

If you have high ambient light during the day I would go LCD. The plasma has a glass cover screen that does show glare. We have 3 Samsung LCD's and the oldest one is at least 4 years old.
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Mon May 30, 2011 3:47 pm

Yah I been leaning towards the Samsung pops. So far so good. I did notice my samsung has some issues with the black color for a long period of time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm