REAL RACING STARTS FROM A DIG!

Latest topics

» Let's start this page back up
Mon May 19, 2014 12:57 am by srtslo

» Slow 4door truck wantin to play
Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:10 am by XplicitPerformance

» Track King of Houston1320.com
Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:49 pm by White90GT

» New guy here
Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:07 am by XplicitPerformance

» Newbie here!
Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:22 pm by TxCatfish

» Any ideas?
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 pm by BT03Mach-1

» Where's everybody at ?
Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 pm by TxCatfish

» Looks like rain...
Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 pm by XplicitPerformance

» Another noob
Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:59 pm by TxCatfish

Top posting users this week

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None


[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 18 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:17 pm


    Different classes!

    Share
    avatar
    WickedsG8
    Roll Racer
    Roll Racer

    Posts : 104
    Join date : 2011-04-11
    Location : Alvin Tx

    Different classes!

    Post by WickedsG8 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:46 pm

    How about creating diff track ladders for ppl around the same class, so races will be closer and more interesting, instead of knowing the outcome before the race even begins! just an idea
    avatar
    Houston1320
    Admin

    Posts : 532
    Join date : 2011-04-06

    Re: Different classes!

    Post by Houston1320 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:23 pm

    Can you give me a little more detail of what you got in mind? The track ladder is meant for race cars. Are you wanting a street car track ladder?
    avatar
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

    Posts : 286
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Location : Katy

    Re: Different classes!

    Post by lane_change on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:31 pm

    Street cars is what it's all about....who gives a shit about race cars. That's like having a fast bike, no one gives a shit.
    avatar
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

    Posts : 1115
    Join date : 2011-04-06

    Re: Different classes!

    Post by XplicitPerformance on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:38 pm

    You must not own a race car lol

    10 and 11 second street cars are fun but wheels up single digit passes are much better.
    avatar
    WickedsG8
    Roll Racer
    Roll Racer

    Posts : 104
    Join date : 2011-04-11
    Location : Alvin Tx

    Re: Different classes!

    Post by WickedsG8 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:42 pm

    Houston1320 wrote:Can you give me a little more detail of what you got in mind? The track ladder is meant for race cars. Are you wanting a street car track ladder?
    street or track ladders, just want to see more even races, you know cars in the same class. like you cant call someone out whos in the 12s knowing your car is 11s or better and an easy kill just to take over the spot
    avatar
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

    Posts : 1115
    Join date : 2011-04-06

    Re: Different classes!

    Post by XplicitPerformance on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:43 pm

    Well I can agree to that but we would need an "unlimited" class a 10 second class, 11 second class and 12 second class.

    Whose to say people won't sandbag though?
    avatar
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

    Posts : 286
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Location : Katy

    Re: Different classes!

    Post by lane_change on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:47 pm

    I'll be sticking with wheels down 9 sec passes for now....but I've had one street/race car. Backhalved 4-link tube chassis 93 RX7 w/ a Ford 9", Moser axles, 2JZ 88mm turbo, 100 shot of nitrous for spool, Powerglide w/ brake, NHRA legal down to 8.00....but it was supposed to be a street car. When I first moved to Houston I even contacted Garret about doing some work on it, but found out that Houston was more of a roll race kind of town and my trailer queen was going to get little action here since it was built as a street car to run for money back in St. Louis. The chassis was built by Jerry Bickel up in St. Louis.
    avatar
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

    Posts : 1115
    Join date : 2011-04-06

    Re: Different classes!

    Post by XplicitPerformance on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:51 pm

    lane_change wrote:I'll be sticking with wheels down 9 sec passes for now....but I've had one street/race car. Backhalved 4-link tube chassis 93 RX7 w/ a Ford 9", Moser axles, 2JZ 88mm turbo, 100 shot of nitrous for spool, Powerglide w/ brake, NHRA legal down to 8.00....but it was supposed to be a street car. When I first moved to Houston I even contacted Garret about doing some work on it, but found out that Houston was more of a roll race kind of town and my trailer queen was going to get little action here since it was built as a street car to run for money back in St. Louis. The chassis was built by Jerry Bickel up in St. Louis.

    Should of kept it. Roll racing is gay LOL

    I plan to have a little of everything. The TBSS is a family hauling SUV that holds its own. The coupe is a street/strip car that will put in work on the track and street if things get serious. Than we also have a little something in the works for the streets. Twisted Evil
    avatar
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

    Posts : 286
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Location : Katy

    Re: Different classes!

    Post by lane_change on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:58 pm

    I enjoy the street car aspect far more with the Z than I did with my last FD. It had good intentions, but wanting to go faster and faster, I turned it into a race car that I pretended was a street car. Rolling around Houston in a 2spd tube chassis car and a set of Kirkey's....it wasn't for me. I sold the car to a race shop outside of D.C. and I sold my trailer to Tiago down here locally in Houston. At the time it was my only "toy" car and I hated owning it. I just like to drive fast cars, but I want to be able to drive them. My goals for the Z are to be close to 150mph traps in a fully functional street car. There will be no question about it's purpose. A/C, power everything, no cages, no safety crap, Nav, etc...it will be exactly what it was when it left the showroom floor, only faster.

    BluFlame
    Roll Racer
    Roll Racer

    Posts : 53
    Join date : 2011-07-29

    Re: Different classes!

    Post by BluFlame on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:33 am

    lane_change wrote:I enjoy the street car aspect far more with the Z than I did with my last FD. It had good intentions, but wanting to go faster and faster, I turned it into a race car that I pretended was a street car. Rolling around Houston in a 2spd tube chassis car and a set of Kirkey's....it wasn't for me. I sold the car to a race shop outside of D.C. and I sold my trailer to Tiago down here locally in Houston. At the time it was my only "toy" car and I hated owning it. I just like to drive fast cars, but I want to be able to drive them. My goals for the Z are to be close to 150mph traps in a fully functional street car. There will be no question about it's purpose. A/C, power everything, no cages, no safety crap, Nav, etc...it will be exactly what it was when it left the showroom floor, only faster.
    affraid RaceCar!!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Different classes!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:24 pm