REAL RACING STARTS FROM A DIG!

Latest topics

» Let's start this page back up
Mon May 19, 2014 12:57 am by srtslo

» Slow 4door truck wantin to play
Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:10 am by XplicitPerformance

» Track King of Houston1320.com
Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:49 pm by White90GT

» New guy here
Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:07 am by XplicitPerformance

» Newbie here!
Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:22 pm by TxCatfish

» Any ideas?
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 pm by BT03Mach-1

» Where's everybody at ?
Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 pm by TxCatfish

» Looks like rain...
Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 pm by XplicitPerformance

» Another noob
Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:59 pm by TxCatfish

Top posting users this week

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None


[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 18 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:17 pm


    ATTN all you roll racers!

    Share
    avatar
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

    Posts : 286
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Location : Katy

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by lane_change on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:16 pm

    The same setup that is in my car has made the most n/a power from any 427 out there at over 672rwhp in the winter and 648rwhp in the summer, that is why I followed suit with a similar setup. Carlos has been building, selling, and tuning this setup for the Vette community for a while now. AFR's would be ideally situated at 12.7 for maximum power output. Compression also helps with nitrous, which is another factor we built into this setup. Carlos again, with a dry 100 shot made 804rwhp with his setup. It's just a matter of getting all the tuning lined out once we get the heads to set. All I can think to do is switch to head studs and if that doesn't work, then I will have to lower the timing down....but we'll see.

    I'm not out to create a new path, I chose a setup that has been proven and simply emulated it hoping to make similar power...not expecting to make the same numbers, but I was hoping to be in the ballpark. 620whp or so n/a. And hell, I'm not truly worried about the number as much as I am about the time. My plan for this car was to clip a 9.99 or faster n/a. Then we'll see what she does on spray.

    BluFlame
    Roll Racer
    Roll Racer

    Posts : 53
    Join date : 2011-07-29

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by BluFlame on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:21 pm

    lane_change wrote:The same setup that is in my car has made the most n/a power from any 427 out there at over 672rwhp in the winter and 648rwhp in the summer, that is why I followed suit with a similar setup. Carlos has been building, selling, and tuning this setup for the Vette community for a while now. AFR's would be ideally situated at 12.7 for maximum power output. Compression also helps with nitrous, which is another factor we built into this setup. Carlos again, with a dry 100 shot made 804rwhp with his setup. It's just a matter of getting all the tuning lined out once we get the heads to set. All I can think to do is switch to head studs and if that doesn't work, then I will have to lower the timing down....but we'll see.
    Cool, where can i find video or info on Carlos? I always like learning new stuff! I'm checking out your thread on TPE too. You have my brain cells working overtime now lol
    avatar
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

    Posts : 286
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Location : Katy

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by lane_change on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:27 pm

    Here is one of his early dyno pulls with a dry 125 shot on his car.



    Here is a thread with his 670whp n/a pull on it as well.

    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion/2770931-new-vette-air-e85-macho-dyno-results-enter-at-your-own-risk.html






    BluFlame
    Roll Racer
    Roll Racer

    Posts : 53
    Join date : 2011-07-29

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by BluFlame on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:14 pm

    Have you talked with him personally to see what temp he made those numbers at? I see this...

    I attribute these amazing results to all the tuning learning I gained during these cam swapping/testing marathons along with the implementation of Torco with E70 and also the nice cold & breezy 40* to 45* inside the shop temps

    Also above it isnt clear if he used Pump E85(which I don't trust)or a torco mix. Some pump E85 stations have close to E70 blends even in the summer months.

    Then he would only bump the compression ration to 14.25 if he could come up with a blend similar to 118 oct by running straight ethanol and a racing fuel mix?

    In my case, torco helps a ton so I'm anticipating a nice bump with the real good stuff: straight ethanol mixed with racing fuel thus a 118oct or more fuel If I see more gains with the better fuel, I may remove the heads and shoot for more CR...somewhere in the 14.25 area.
    I'm not trying to be a bad guy and if I come off that way i will stop posting on the subject but any dyno numbers can be modified or corrected and I'm just trying to help you get to the bottom of your issue. I always like to get as much input as I can from everybody and start thinking outside the box to resolve the problem.

    Gaskets holdin up? Was he on studs or bolts? Did he tune your car? Again my question of fuel?

    The gaskets are holding up just fine, I'm running the same GM gasket since this build up January 2010. I have customers running even higher CR with the good 'ol GM gaskets with out any issues.


    As you know, tuning is everything! It does not matter if you weld the heads to the block, if your tuning is off things will go south especially at this level.


    As far as the E85 availability in the DFW area, the gang at HPP and I decided to go on a E85 testing crusade at the beginning of this year and visited four stations for a period of two weeks/three times per and discovered that pumps were selling E70 fuel...below is the tool used. I personally purchased 4 of those little tubes from Jegs and lined them up next to each other and watched the gas results...the pump closest to my home registered E73 or so, the rest E70

    Carlos is a good salesman in my eyes. Does he have any track numbers?
    avatar
    Justa4
    Staging Lanes
    Staging Lanes

    Posts : 45
    Join date : 2011-08-31
    Age : 37
    Location : Baytown!

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by Justa4 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:05 am

    BluFlame wrote:
    Justa4 wrote:
    lane_change wrote:My heads are still fucking lifting....taking this pile of shit to Dallas. They can give it back once it's fixed and making the numbers it should.
    RaceCar!! flower
    I am assuming the shop has the heads button down with ARP studs? What head gaskets? Tuner prolly is running a but to much timming @wot IF you do have the better head studs and gaskets. Whats giving you the sign of the heads lifting?



    BT03Mach-1 : lol tongue No excuses loss is a loss no matter what my problem are. No traction, "slippin" clutch is my fualt. If it wasn't "ready" it should have been parked. I don't mind losing it makes me want to actually get some real mods going. Cool

    This aint a Peon we are talking about here. ARP "bolts" are better and I'm sure even a tune by me wouldn't burn up the factory MLS head gaskets those car's run. Other issues are at fault in this situation. I'm sure he knows what higher coolant temps and antifreeze look/smell like....


    Geee realllly? I thought every one on here and every other site similar to this all just had race car neons.. Neutral

    Anyhow I'm still saying with that type of compression the timing prolly needs to come down a bit.I get that its on a "safer" tune as far as power potential and afr's but the timming might be a tad to high..only your tuner knows....I know how well those gaskets are..Gasket not the issue but regardless, if its not button down with ARP hardware then the gaskets might as well be notebookpaper. Lane good luck to you, don't lose motivation. Your car is one of the sickest I ever have seen .


    So back to topic... george is at the number 1 spot or???

    BluFlame
    Roll Racer
    Roll Racer

    Posts : 53
    Join date : 2011-07-29

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by BluFlame on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:26 am

    Justa4 wrote:
    BluFlame wrote:
    Justa4 wrote:
    lane_change wrote:My heads are still fucking lifting....taking this pile of shit to Dallas. They can give it back once it's fixed and making the numbers it should.
    RaceCar!! flower
    I am assuming the shop has the heads button down with ARP studs? What head gaskets? Tuner prolly is running a but to much timming @wot IF you do have the better head studs and gaskets. Whats giving you the sign of the heads lifting?



    BT03Mach-1 : lol tongue No excuses loss is a loss no matter what my problem are. No traction, "slippin" clutch is my fualt. If it wasn't "ready" it should have been parked. I don't mind losing it makes me want to actually get some real mods going. Cool

    This aint a Peon we are talking about here. ARP "bolts" are better and I'm sure even a tune by me wouldn't burn up the factory MLS head gaskets those car's run. Other issues are at fault in this situation. I'm sure he knows what higher coolant temps and antifreeze look/smell like....


    Geee realllly? I thought every one on here and every other site similar to this all just had race car neons.. Neutral

    Anyhow I'm still saying with that type of compression the timing prolly needs to come down a bit.I get that its on a "safer" tune as far as power potential and afr's but the timming might be a tad to high..only your tuner knows....I know how well those gaskets are..Gasket not the issue but regardless, if its not button down with ARP hardware then the gaskets might as well be notebookpaper. Lane good luck to you, don't lose motivation. Your car is one of the sickest I ever have seen .


    So back to topic... george is at the number 1 spot or???

    I agree,....You going for number 1 or what? Go for the Gold!
    avatar
    Justa4
    Staging Lanes
    Staging Lanes

    Posts : 45
    Join date : 2011-08-31
    Age : 37
    Location : Baytown!

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by Justa4 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:25 am

    BluFlame wrote:
    Justa4 wrote:
    BluFlame wrote:
    Justa4 wrote:
    lane_change wrote:My heads are still fucking lifting....taking this pile of shit to Dallas. They can give it back once it's fixed and making the numbers it should.
    RaceCar!! flower
    I am assuming the shop has the heads button down with ARP studs? What head gaskets? Tuner prolly is running a but to much timming @wot IF you do have the better head studs and gaskets. Whats giving you the sign of the heads lifting?



    BT03Mach-1 : lol tongue No excuses loss is a loss no matter what my problem are. No traction, "slippin" clutch is my fualt. If it wasn't "ready" it should have been parked. I don't mind losing it makes me want to actually get some real mods going. Cool

    This aint a Peon we are talking about here. ARP "bolts" are better and I'm sure even a tune by me wouldn't burn up the factory MLS head gaskets those car's run. Other issues are at fault in this situation. I'm sure he knows what higher coolant temps and antifreeze look/smell like....


    Geee realllly? I thought every one on here and every other site similar to this all just had race car neons.. Neutral

    Anyhow I'm still saying with that type of compression the timing prolly needs to come down a bit.I get that its on a "safer" tune as far as power potential and afr's but the timming might be a tad to high..only your tuner knows....I know how well those gaskets are..Gasket not the issue but regardless, if its not button down with ARP hardware then the gaskets might as well be notebookpaper. Lane good luck to you, don't lose motivation. Your car is one of the sickest I ever have seen .


    So back to topic... george is at the number 1 spot or???

    I agree,....You going for number 1 or what? Go for the Gold!


    Damn. I dunno.. Im just a curious lil fuker tryin to see if i can compete/play. I lost to a car that I thought was in the number one spot.. but Im thinking there is no actual list. scratch lol
    avatar
    x TX OuTLawZ x
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

    Posts : 617
    Join date : 2011-04-06

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by x TX OuTLawZ x on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:34 am

    Sixptslo is number 1.. wickedsrt is 2
    avatar
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

    Posts : 286
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Location : Katy

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by lane_change on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:16 am

    Yes, Carlos did my tuning on my old setup and on the new setup. I am running the same cam that he spec'd out for these setups and am running the same head design that Carlos and Richard from WCCH came up with for the compression with the angle mill, port, etc... Same headers, intake, tb, fuel injectors, exhaust, etc... The only difference is my built motor, compression ratio, and ARP bolts vs. studs. Again, when I decided on bolts it was because I had no intentions on removing my heads again, where as Carlos is a shop owner and his car is always under the knife, so he messes with different parts a lot to see how they react. He is running pump E85 like I am. I have checked my local stations blend ratio and it is not varying much, from 83-85 last time I checked it out. Obviously the winter blend would be different, but that's not the issue at the moment. I am not running any Torco or fuel additive.
    avatar
    Houston1320
    Admin

    Posts : 532
    Join date : 2011-04-06

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by Houston1320 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:45 am

    Justa4 wrote:
    BluFlame wrote:
    Justa4 wrote:
    BluFlame wrote:
    Justa4 wrote:
    lane_change wrote:My heads are still fucking lifting....taking this pile of shit to Dallas. They can give it back once it's fixed and making the numbers it should.
    RaceCar!! flower
    I am assuming the shop has the heads button down with ARP studs? What head gaskets? Tuner prolly is running a but to much timming @wot IF you do have the better head studs and gaskets. Whats giving you the sign of the heads lifting?



    BT03Mach-1 : lol tongue No excuses loss is a loss no matter what my problem are. No traction, "slippin" clutch is my fualt. If it wasn't "ready" it should have been parked. I don't mind losing it makes me want to actually get some real mods going. Cool

    This aint a Peon we are talking about here. ARP "bolts" are better and I'm sure even a tune by me wouldn't burn up the factory MLS head gaskets those car's run. Other issues are at fault in this situation. I'm sure he knows what higher coolant temps and antifreeze look/smell like....


    Geee realllly? I thought every one on here and every other site similar to this all just had race car neons.. Neutral

    Anyhow I'm still saying with that type of compression the timing prolly needs to come down a bit.I get that its on a "safer" tune as far as power potential and afr's but the timming might be a tad to high..only your tuner knows....I know how well those gaskets are..Gasket not the issue but regardless, if its not button down with ARP hardware then the gaskets might as well be notebookpaper. Lane good luck to you, don't lose motivation. Your car is one of the sickest I ever have seen .


    So back to topic... george is at the number 1 spot or???

    I agree,....You going for number 1 or what? Go for the Gold!


    Damn. I dunno.. Im just a curious lil fuker tryin to see if i can compete/play. I lost to a car that I thought was in the number one spot.. but Im thinking there is no actual list. scratch lol

    spend more time reading and you will find your answers.

    BluFlame
    Roll Racer
    Roll Racer

    Posts : 53
    Join date : 2011-07-29

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by BluFlame on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:38 pm

    lane_change wrote:Yes, Carlos did my tuning on my old setup and on the new setup. I am running the same cam that he spec'd out for these setups and am running the same head design that Carlos and Richard from WCCH came up with for the compression with the angle mill, port, etc... Same headers, intake, tb, fuel injectors, exhaust, etc... The only difference is my built motor, compression ratio, and ARP bolts vs. studs. Again, when I decided on bolts it was because I had no intentions on removing my heads again, where as Carlos is a shop owner and his car is always under the knife, so he messes with different parts a lot to see how they react. He is running pump E85 like I am. I have checked my local stations blend ratio and it is not varying much, from 83-85 last time I checked it out. Obviously the winter blend would be different, but that's not the issue at the moment. I am not running any Torco or fuel additive.
    Alright man, holla if you need anything or help researching stuff. I'm always down for that. I've been down that road before to, experimenting new set-ups so I know how it feels when things don't turn out right the first or third time! lol. Keep hope alive and don't give up! Peace

    Sponsored content

    Re: ATTN all you roll racers!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:15 am