REAL RACING STARTS FROM A DIG!

Latest topics

» Let's start this page back up
Mon May 19, 2014 12:57 am by srtslo

» Slow 4door truck wantin to play
Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:10 am by XplicitPerformance

» Track King of Houston1320.com
Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:49 pm by White90GT

» New guy here
Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:07 am by XplicitPerformance

» Newbie here!
Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:22 pm by TxCatfish

» Any ideas?
Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 pm by BT03Mach-1

» Where's everybody at ?
Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 pm by TxCatfish

» Looks like rain...
Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 pm by XplicitPerformance

» Another noob
Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:59 pm by TxCatfish

Top posting users this week

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None


[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 18 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:17 pm


    need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Share
    avatar
    Junior z28
    Staging Lanes
    Staging Lanes

    Posts : 40
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Houston

    need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Post by Junior z28 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:11 am

    Alright i gotta 99 ls1 camaro z28 with 407rwhp. Sadly it's gotta stock differential. What's a good gear? Btw it's auto with a 3400 stall. Shocked
    avatar
    Houston1320
    Admin

    Posts : 532
    Join date : 2011-04-06

    Re: need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Post by Houston1320 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:27 am

    Do you know what gear you have in it already? I wouldn't go past a 3.73 gear in my opinion. I could be wrong.
    avatar
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

    Posts : 1115
    Join date : 2011-04-06

    Re: need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Post by XplicitPerformance on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 am

    With your converter I wouldn't go past a 3.73. If your car is stuck with the 2.73 and not the 3.23 I would consider picking up a set of 3.42s out of someones car that may have done a swap. It will be cost efficient and a good increase from your stock 2.73. You need to run your VIN or contact the dealer and give them your vin to see what gearing yours came with. It could be tagged on the rear diff but I am not sure.
    avatar
    Jason01WS6
    Staging Lanes
    Staging Lanes

    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Location : Katy

    Re: need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Post by Jason01WS6 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:16 am

    Are you spraying? All around best gear i would say is 3.73
    avatar
    x TX OuTLawZ x
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

    Posts : 617
    Join date : 2011-04-06

    Re: need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Post by x TX OuTLawZ x on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 am

    If you race more than you cruise then 3.73 if you like to cruise a little more id say 3.42, there's not a huge difference between the two but I like my 3.42's
    avatar
    Junior z28
    Staging Lanes
    Staging Lanes

    Posts : 40
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Houston

    Re: need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Post by Junior z28 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 am

    Yeah luckily i happen to have a slightly used set of 3.42's with pinion and ring...the ones that came off my 03 silverado when i did a 410 swap.
    avatar
    Junior z28
    Staging Lanes
    Staging Lanes

    Posts : 40
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Houston

    Re: need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Post by Junior z28 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 am

    Jason01WS6 wrote:Are you spraying? All around best gear i would say is 3.73

    i was but sold the kit to my brother who is on here. "GOAT"
    avatar
    Junior z28
    Staging Lanes
    Staging Lanes

    Posts : 40
    Join date : 2011-04-07
    Age : 28
    Location : Houston

    Re: need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Post by Junior z28 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:28 am

    XplicitPerformance wrote:With your converter I wouldn't go past a 3.73. If your car is stuck with the 2.73 and not the 3.23 I would consider picking up a set of 3.42s out of someones car that may have done a swap. It will be cost efficient and a good increase from your stock 2.73. You need to run your VIN or contact the dealer and give them your vin to see what gearing yours came with. It could be tagged on the rear diff but I am not sure.

    Imma do that right now...idk what gears it has now...but they are big...on a 60 roll the rpm's shoot upp slowly but it's a amazing power band!
    avatar
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

    Posts : 1115
    Join date : 2011-04-06

    Re: need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Post by XplicitPerformance on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:36 am

    Junior z28 wrote:
    XplicitPerformance wrote:With your converter I wouldn't go past a 3.73. If your car is stuck with the 2.73 and not the 3.23 I would consider picking up a set of 3.42s out of someones car that may have done a swap. It will be cost efficient and a good increase from your stock 2.73. You need to run your VIN or contact the dealer and give them your vin to see what gearing yours came with. It could be tagged on the rear diff but I am not sure.

    Imma do that right now...idk what gears it has now...but they are big...on a 60 roll the rpm's shoot upp slowly but it's a amazing power band!

    yeah more than likely you have 2.73s unless th original owner opted for the 3.23 option. If you have the 3.23s I would go 3.73s without a doubt.
    avatar
    v8sten
    Roll Racer
    Roll Racer

    Posts : 96
    Join date : 2011-04-06
    Age : 35
    Location : SOUF SIDE

    Re: need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Post by v8sten on Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:40 am

    Junior z28 wrote:Yeah luckily i happen to have a slightly used set of 3.42's with pinion and ring...the ones that came off my 03 silverado when i did a 410 swap.

    wont work, different rear axle camaro 7 5/8" rear end, silverado 8.5" rear axle

    Sponsored content

    Re: need help from the ls1 camaro guys!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:40 am