Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REAL RACING STARTS FROM A DIG!

Latest topics

» Let's start this page back up
newbie from baytown - Page 5 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 12:57 am by srtslo

» Slow 4door truck wantin to play
newbie from baytown - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:10 am by XplicitPerformance

» Track King of Houston1320.com
newbie from baytown - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:49 pm by White90GT

» New guy here
newbie from baytown - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:07 am by XplicitPerformance

» Newbie here!
newbie from baytown - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:22 pm by TxCatfish

» Any ideas?
newbie from baytown - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 pm by BT03Mach-1

» Where's everybody at ?
newbie from baytown - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:33 pm by TxCatfish

» Looks like rain...
newbie from baytown - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 pm by XplicitPerformance

» Another noob
newbie from baytown - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:59 pm by TxCatfish

Top posting users this week

No user

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 123 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:49 am

+8
n20kid @ clsc
Hellraiser
BT03Mach-1
lane_change
XplicitPerformance
x TX OuTLawZ x
o'ranga'stang
nastyc6
12 posters

newbie from baytown

o'ranga'stang
    o'ranga'stang
    Roll Racer
    Roll Racer

newbie from baytown - Page 5 Empty Re: newbie from baytown

Post by o'ranga'stang Fri May 20, 2011 3:12 pm

lane_change wrote:
    nastyc6 wrote:Lol are u going with a fogger or just a regular plate system?

I'll be running a basic plate system. Was planning on a dry fogger, but with the recent changes to the n/a setup, it will be pushing my stock fuel system too hard. So instead of upgrading the entire fuel system, I'm just going to be running a secondary stand alone fuel system and will be spraying a wet shot w/ Nitrous and Meth, no gasoline. My car is already running on E85, possibly switching over to E98.
    i have seen lean spikes with the stand alone fuel systems. ...Don't think their tuners tuned for the lag in the fuel fighting to get in the cylinders.
    o'ranga'stang
    o'ranga'stang
    Roll Racer
    Roll Racer

Post by o'ranga'stang Fri May 20, 2011 3:15 pm

lane_change wrote:

I'll be running a basic plate system. Was planning on a dry fogger, but with the recent changes to the n/a setup, it will be pushing my stock fuel system too hard. So instead of upgrading the entire fuel system, I'm just going to be running a secondary stand alone fuel system and will be spraying a wet shot w/ Nitrous and Meth, no gasoline. My car is already running on E85, possibly switching over to E98.
    i have seen lean spikes with the stand alone fuel systems. ...Don't think their tuners tuned for the lag in the fuel fighting to get in the cylinders.
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Fri May 20, 2011 4:09 pm

lane_change wrote:
    XplicitPerformance wrote:
    lane_change wrote:

must be a serious motor if you need E98. I know 14 to 1 race cars who run E98

14:1 as in high compression?

Mine is 13.8:1...I haven't attained the 14:1 baller status yet.

correct. I seen quite a few...Hell I know some 8 second cars who don't even run E98. They are still using E85.
    lane_change
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by lane_change Fri May 20, 2011 4:15 pm

My goal is to just clip off a high 9 sec pass n/a....so if E98 can help me, I will try it. If I can get there with E85 pump gas, I will stick with E85. Having a barrel of E98 in the garage sounds better than chasing down E85 pumps around Houston though...but I am just looking at performance, not convenience. Are there any Baytown track rentals coming up? Be nice to rent the track out and get some good prep with good cars on it w/o all the tech bullshit to deal with since I don't have any legal shit on my car.
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Fri May 20, 2011 4:19 pm

lane_change wrote:My goal is to just clip off a high 9 sec pass n/a....so if E98 can help me, I will try it. If I can get there with E85 pump gas, I will stick with E85. Having a barrel of E98 in the garage sounds better than chasing down E85 pumps around Houston though...but I am just looking at performance, not convenience. Are there any Baytown track rentals coming up? Be nice to rent the track out and get some good prep with good cars on it w/o all the tech bullshit to deal with since I don't have any legal shit on my car.

Isn't E85 at many Krogers? I know we have a few spots on the southside who sell E-85 and have been for years. I guess that sounds more appealing to me than having a 55 gallon drum in my garage.
    Hellraiser
    Hellraiser
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by Hellraiser Fri May 20, 2011 4:21 pm

dont look for me my input shaft is fucked and should be fixed next week! Mad
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Fri May 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Hellraiser wrote:dont look for me my input shaft is fucked and should be fixed next week! Mad

ouch. Hopefully it didn't tear up anything else. I shattered the output shaft on the TBSS a month or so ago and it is still down Sad
    lane_change
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by lane_change Fri May 20, 2011 4:28 pm

XplicitPerformance wrote:Isn't E85 at many Krogers? I know we have a few spots on the southside who sell E-85 and have been for years. I guess that sounds more appealing to me than having a 55 gallon drum in my garage.

There is one station in Pearland off of 518 and Cullen. Then the next closest station that I know of to the South side is down off of Nasa Rd. 1. For me on the West side, I got to go fill up off of Fry and I10, which sucks having to go there before I can head out to play. That is where the convenience of having my own personal gas station at my house would be cool....but if that shit stunk up my entire garage/house? Then no, fuck all that.
    lane_change
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by lane_change Fri May 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Damn Chris, that sucks. So you get your clutch line fixed, then your input shaft gets fucked? Damn. How did it happen?
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Fri May 20, 2011 4:31 pm

lane_change wrote:
    XplicitPerformance wrote:Isn't E85 at many Krogers? I know we have a few spots on the southside who sell E-85 and have been for years. I guess that sounds more appealing to me than having a 55 gallon drum in my garage.

There is one station in Pearland off of 518 and Cullen. Then the next closest station that I know of to the South side is down off of Nasa Rd. 1. For me on the West side, I got to go fill up off of Fry and I10, which sucks having to go there before I can head out to play. That is where the convenience of having my own personal gas station at my house would be cool....but if that shit stunk up my entire garage/house? Then no, fuck all that.

Theres one in a few areas. The one in Pearland the one of nasa and one off hwy 96 going towards 146. Thats 3 good locations.

Keep that drum SEALED tightly. If you do laundry in your garage it could stink up the clothes. I am glad my laundry room is upstairs in our house. We also have a 4 bay garage though so it helps.
    Hellraiser
    Hellraiser
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by Hellraiser Fri May 20, 2011 8:14 pm

lane_change wrote:Damn Chris, that sucks. So you get your clutch line fixed, then your input shaft gets fucked? Damn. How did it happen?

they found it when they were going back with the trans, if your is down you might look at yours, I'm thinking about over night a carbon fiber drive shaft since its down!
    lane_change
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by lane_change Fri May 20, 2011 9:10 pm

My transmission won't be pulled until I get ready to do the clutch over at Josh's. I'm not dropping that thing with the car on jack stands. I'll take a look at it over there.
    BT03Mach-1
    BT03Mach-1
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by BT03Mach-1 Fri May 20, 2011 9:24 pm

do you have the stock clutch still? i figured mine would be toast by now but its still works perfect.
    lane_change
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by lane_change Fri May 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Chris is running an ACT Twin disc in his Z06.

My car had been on the stock clutch but she was getting weak...losing mph every time I went to the strip. I'm swapping in a McLeod RXT Twin disc in mine.
    BT03Mach-1
    BT03Mach-1
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by BT03Mach-1 Sat May 21, 2011 3:30 am

i was asking because I'm thinking about doing a ls7 clutch because of price... on my budget i don't think i will see over 700...
    lane_change
    lane_change
    Dig Racer
    Dig Racer

Post by lane_change Sat May 21, 2011 5:29 am

The LS7 won't hold 700whp imo. That is almost the breaking point for the LS9. If you want an LS7 clutch though, I'll sell you mine for cheap. You could inspect it, may need a new disc, may not...I was still running mid 10's with it, but I noticed that I was losing mph and I am blaming the clutch....but it may be fine. It was still cutting 1.6 60's.
    nastyc6
    Staging Lanes
    Staging Lanes

Post by nastyc6 Sat May 21, 2011 2:55 pm

well went by the meet around 11;20 i saw couple cars 2 z06 but no one wanted to run so i just called it a nite and left
    BoltonC6
    BoltonC6
    Roll Racer
    Roll Racer

Post by BoltonC6 Sat May 21, 2011 3:07 pm

nastyc6 wrote:well went by the meet around 11;20 i saw couple cars 2 z06 but no one wanted to run so i just called it a nite and left
    Best I didn't make the 100 mile round trip.
    nastyc6
    Staging Lanes
    Staging Lanes

Post by nastyc6 Sat May 21, 2011 3:12 pm

lol yeah well i had just left the movies and decided to go by there chuck camaro and naother procharged maro were there but there cool and were asking me to find them some races lol but noone waned to race
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Sat May 21, 2011 8:03 pm

nastyc6 wrote:lol yeah well i had just left the movies and decided to go by there chuck camaro and naother procharged maro were there but there cool and were asking me to find them some races lol but noone waned to race

yeah we rolled down to the "dig" spot and had some fun. The procharged camaro ran a buddies turbo diesel. It was a good race and some fun. We need more fresh meat to come out.
    BT03Mach-1
    BT03Mach-1
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by BT03Mach-1 Sat May 21, 2011 10:36 pm

i didn't know yall went out there. i would have gone. shawn dragged me to a bar and left me.... stuck me with some girl. again!
    jerry03cobra
    Staging Lanes
    Staging Lanes

Post by jerry03cobra Sat May 21, 2011 10:53 pm

nastyc6 wrote:Wuz up guys just a lil about me I drive a black c6 fullbolt ons and cam

Where u stay in baytown i,am here too in baytown off baker and bush?
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Sun May 22, 2011 12:53 am

BT03Mach-1 wrote:i didn't know yall went out there. i would have gone. shawn dragged me to a bar and left me.... stuck me with some girl. again!

yeah it was a last minute deal. It worked out really well. Had two wreckers blocking the intersection for us.
    BT03Mach-1
    BT03Mach-1
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by BT03Mach-1 Sun May 22, 2011 2:27 pm

really thats what we should do now on fridays. stay at hd for a couples hours then go there.
    XplicitPerformance
    XplicitPerformance
    1320 Member
    1320 Member

Post by XplicitPerformance Sun May 22, 2011 2:29 pm

BT03Mach-1 wrote:really thats what we should do now on fridays. stay at hd for a couples hours then go there.

yeah set up races than go get it done. Its not a bad spot. I think if we keep going there there is going to be a good bit of rubber laid down.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:51 pm